Thursday, November 20, 2014

Hello again!! :-)

Ok, so I had started Pure Golden Classics earlier this month, at puregoldenclassics.blogspot.com. One  small problem.  When I tried to login earlier today to do a post, I couldn't remember my password or username!  Oops! :/. So I redid the blog.

Pure Golden Classics is now here, at puregoldenclassics1951.blogspot.com.  Don't check the other URL for posts any more. :-). Thank you for understanding!  I'm just glad I hadn't done a bunch of posts on the other one, and then couldn't get into it!  Well, here is my only post from the other one copied and pasted here:


Bonjour to you all!  My name is Jan, and I'm a girl with a love most find strange: a love for classic movies and TV.  To give you all a little backstory, I believe the first classic movie I ever saw was White Christmas.  I was around 4 years old at the time, and I just loved the film.
The colorful costumes, the beautiful actresses, the catchy songs.  I remember clearly adoring Judy's (Vera Ellen's character) beautiful dress at the movie perfect ending.  I even made a sort of a hoop skirt so my skirt could poof like hers did.  I made it out of flimsy cardboard, and good grief, the thing was itchy.  But I wore it anyways.  It fell apart after a day or two, though.

Fast forward to a few years ago.  I'm at the local library, looking for a new movie to watch.  My eye falls on a title: Swing Time.  I nonchalantly slid it off the shelf, and read the back.  Seemed like a worthwhile movie to watch, so I checked it out.  Ok, admit it.  Is there anything better than a Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers tap number?  I don't think so.  Things took off from there.  I checked out more and more classic movies, and moved into the TV section as well.  I'm afraid that for a solid month, my local branch had no I Love Lucy DVDs available at all.  Where were they?  Checked out on my library card, played by a laughing and mesmerized me.  I discovered the acting talents of Audrey Hepburn, Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds, and Grace Kelly.  I laughed when Lucy Ricardo stomped grapes, and cheered her on as she continuously tried to get into Ricky's shows.

Now, classic movies and TV are a big part of my life.  I check out at least one classic movie a week from the library, and own three seasons of I Love Lucy.  I devour classic stars' biographies like nothing else.  Unfortuantely, my sister continuously ribs me for watching the classic movies and TV, so I usually have to watch them by myself.  So, I started this blog to share my love for the classic stuff with you online classic fans, and hope to 'meet' some people just like me.

I plan to share a full size movie review each week, with some mini reviews, costume posts, and other such things interspersed.  I intend to keep this blog running, as I sometimes have the habit of abandoning blogs and such when I can't think of something to post.  Well, I don't see how I coudl ever run out of things to post about classic movies and TV.  So I'm hoping this will work out well.

Thank you for reading!






Ok, this is after the copied and pasted section. :-). I'm hoping to get a good post up tomorrow.  However, while I was planning to do full pictorial reviews, I don't think that will work out, so they'll probably be smaller posts.  But I'm hoping to keep up with the blog!  Thank you for reading!!! :-)

Jan

No comments: